Thursday, August 21, 2014

Operation Bike MS: Part Four

This post is part of a series documenting my journey toward the Gateway Getaway Bike MS. Read Part Three HERE. To learn more about Multiple Sclerosis and to support me as I reach my goal of $500, please click HERE.


Sixteen days left until the big weekend, and I have raised 46% of my fundraising goal! Many thanks to those who have donated--and also to those who are encouraging me through the physical process of training for the ride. I couldn't do it without you, seriously. 

This morning I woke up with a very sore back and shoulders. 

Boo. 

I'm guessing the pain is from poor posture on my bike--or it could be my muscles growing accustomed to the rigors of the road--who knows. The thing about it is, there's no time for whining because I have a goal to reach. No turning back now, I have 46%!

My prescribed workout today was "strength training" so I asked Coach Erin if a date with my Jillian Michaels Kickboxing DVD would suffice. She gave the go, so here was my view this morning as I flapped around like a fool:


The little one was way more excited than me to be kickboxing, that's for sure. 

After Jillian was done torturing me, I did additional weight work for ten minutes--equal to one Curious George. 

I did a few of these:


A few of these:

And this for all of thirty seconds:
                                   
And oddly enough, at the end of those ten minutes, my back didn't hurt anymore. 

Nice!

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's workout--Yoga.

Mmm...I love me some yoga.  It's a wonderful distraction from the 60 miles I will be logging on the bike this weekend...


Happy Friday everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment