Monday, September 8, 2014

Operation Bike MS: Part Seven (Final)

This post is part of a series documenting my journey toward the 2014 Gateway Getaway Bike MS. Read Part Six HERE.


Swollen, sunburned, bloated, sore, and stiff--these are the physical ramifications of riding 115 miles in one weekend.

Inspired, grateful, blessed, accomplished, and proud--these are the mental rewards of pushing myself so much further than my perceived limitations.

And I'm hooked.

The adrenaline rush of flying through cornfields with 3,000 of my closest biking buddies was well worth any temporary ailment I now suffer---and hearing battle stories of those who have MS and memories told of those who died fighting reminded me that every tiny penny we raised along the way will directly benefit millions.

So--I'm giving myself one year.

One year to raise double the donations and to train for double the distance.

That's right...$1,000 and 150 miles. And if 2014 is any indication of 2015---I'll probably get talked into riding 200 instead. Darn that big brother of mine.... :)

Thank you to everyone who donated, cheered, prayed, and encouraged. Your presence was with all of us as we trekked through the rolling hills of mid-Missouri--and we certainly couldn't have done it without you.

Click HERE to register for the 2015 Bike MS Gateway Getaway!

See you next year in Godfrey, Illinois!


No comments:

Post a Comment